Help with Acid Re-Flux Disease (Heartburn):
- Stay away from foods that can "trigger" acid reflux or heartburn.
- Caffeine (soda, coffee, energy drinks, V8 Juice).
- Tomatoes and Foods made with Tomatoes (Spaghetti, Ketchup, Lasagna).
- Garlic and foods with Garlic in them.
- Antacids (Prilosec, Zantac, Pepsid) help for temporary relief if you want to go the medication route.
- Lozenges (cough drops or Gum) - Can stimulate saliva and dilute acid in stomach reducing the acid reflux.
Acid Reflux occurs mostly at night making it difficult to sleep:
But a big book under the bed posts’ at the head of the bed to have your head propped up to keep the acid down at night