A persons perception of pain is created by the individual experiencing the pain. This means, even though you are experiencing a certain amount of discomfort, the amount of suffering that occurs is up to your thought pattern.
If an individual manipulates their thoughts to believe their pain is less severe, the pain will subside. On the other hand, when an individual is stressed, upset or experiencing other psychological problems their pain level will, most likely, be higher.
The take-a-way from this information is, you can control your level of discomfort by changing their thinking.
- Take a long hot bath to relax your body
- Listen to your favorite soothing music to drift off into a somber state
- Zone out by day dreaming of your fantasy vacation spot
- Imagine yourself as fully healthy, strong and capable of overcoming anything you desire
- Look at photographs that are of great times of joy
- Watch comedy movies
- Make a list of everything you are grateful for
- Whenever you feel yourself experiencing pain or thinking negatively, stop yourself and immediately go to one of your "happy places"
*Keep these ideas handy & maybe have your gratitude list close by
*Once you change your way of thinking, your pain will surely subside